Thursday, August 12, 2010

@Saphira and new low weight.

I've been thinking about Saphira's recent blog post about "intuitive eating" and it's inspired me to write my own blog post about that.
Saphira is so right about this- actually, this is something that his been around quite a bit in the nutrition circle. However, SOME people's "intuition" is a little off, leading them to eat less food even if they were hungry. So, a decreased appetite, basically. I don't think this is an eating disorder necessarily, but just a different survival instinct- our mind knows that if we were in the wild, we wouldn't be able to eat as much as we are. If we have a little extra, our bodies know that there's no worry about our life- we have enough to live off of. Our bodies also know what it needs and what it doesn't need- whether our stomach is empty or not. We've been brain washed into believing that we should "never allow ourselves to get hungry" and we "should be eating 2,000 calories a day" but this just isn't true for all.
(P.S.- there's a difference between this and an eating disorder. I believe that I have the former, not an eating disorder. My body knows that it has extra fat and it wants to get rid of it and build muscle- and it also knows that I don't need 2,000 calories a day to do that.)

Okay, enough of that. Yesterday I ate about 330 calories, and today, I think I'll be eating about 500 calories. Maybe 700. We'll see what happens.
I pulled of the bandage on my left side a little early and pulled the incision open a bit. That's such a shame, because I've finally been feeling well enough to do yoga. Oh well. I'm going to do yoga today, and if my guts fall out, then I'll just stuff them back in and wear a tight fitting t-shirt to hold them in.

Later-
YES! Omg. I'm so happy! I've just weighed myself and guess what? 150 lbs.! New low weight! And that was after drinking coffee, PLUS I've been lifting weights- so tomorrow, I very well may be 149. Yes! Okay. Sorry. I'm being such a spaz right now but I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment