Friday, August 13, 2010

Two posts, one day.

Damn, two posts in one day.
I just saw a bit about "Eat, Love, Pray," and the author said that she put on 30 lbs. while in Italy. She said something along the lines of, "It wasn't about binging. It was about enjoying myself, being perfectly happy with myself, and becoming one with happiness."
That's lovely, and I hope that all of you can have a small sense of that even if you don't put on 30 lbs. But by the same logic, can't that be applied to fasting? Extended fasting- beyond the norm- is of course, anorexia nervosa and no good. But, for example, what I'm doing, should be considered, not about starving, but about enjoying my body, being free from food, and becoming one with happiness, as well. At least, that's how I see it. When I eat less, I feel better. I feel clean, pure, beautiful, and in control. And, of course, some days I eat or over-eat; but shouldn't it be accepted that sometimes, I just have to eat less? When are people always so excepting of bingers, and then frown at fasters? It doesn't make much sense. Anyway, whatever. I'm doing half a day fast tomorrow (as in, I'm not eating anything at all until 3 pm, and my snack/dinner is going to be low in calories. So far, today is going well. I feel nice. I'm hungry, but I know that part of that is my body cleaning itself out (:D)

2 comments:

  1. I really like that! Most people see fasting as as a bad thing, like your depriving yourself of something good, but we don't have to see it that way. Occasional fasting is really good for the body, it gives it a time to rest.

    There is a sense of cleanness and control that comes from fasting. Something can be viewed as good or bad, depending on how we look at things, and folks (especially those who except the bingers and lecture the faster) just need to realized that fasting isn't bad all!

    Good luck with your half-day fast! Sometimes those seem to be a lot easier than full-day fasts. I'm thinking about doing a few half-day fasts when I start back to uni here next week. Coffee for breakfast, tea for lunch, and then I won't eat until I got home late that evening. I'll see how that works ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...thats a very interesting way at looking at it. I never though of it in that sense. I think people should just eat with what they are truly comfortable with. If sometimes you feel like your body needs less or more it should be accepted equally.
    -Dot

    ReplyDelete