Thursday, December 16, 2010

An Arduous Process

Sigh. I have been overeating too much, and I haven't been weighing myself everyday.  I really think that I need to weigh myself every day, because if I don't, weight is pushed to the back of my mind and I eat a bit too much. So! I need to start weighing myself every day. I did all right since my last post, but I ate a lot on Tuesday. :( I'm still 155 lbs. Ugh. I need to keep trying! I'll update you when I weigh myself tomorrow.
I'm going back and re-reading articles about intermittent fasting, and I read a few first hand accounts from people who are doing a bit of what I'm doing. It's making sense again. Health, of course, makes the most sense, but I know that I can't lose weight without intermittent fasting. I don't have an eating disorder and I'm not being unhealthy. These things are making sense again. ^_^

Also, I went to Denny's today with a friend of mine...and we had a very long conversation over coffee. He said to me, totally randomly, (don't roll your eyes!) that his main number one turn off is lack of self- confidence. Which turned into a two hour long conversation about who we like, what we like, who has self-confidence, blah blah blah...I learned a lot of lessons from that and I want to write them down before I forget. Everybody needs self-confidence. Every body should be confident...not when you're 10 pounds lighter, or when you change your hair color, or three sizes smaller. If you don't have self-confidence now, you won't have self-confidence then.
Believe me, self confidence is attractive, and that's coming from somebody who needs some of herself. I find self-confidence in girls to be very attractive, and girls who act like they don't want to be touched just. turn. me. off. So, I need to learn that, and remember it...
Recovery from Body Dysmorphic Disorder is such an arduous process. Some days are worse than others. But I need to keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment