Friday, June 25, 2010

Volunteering.

Two posts in one day. :D I'm just so excited that I've started writing about something other than losing weight. I am still 160, by the way, but at least now I know why.
Well, I am thinking about joining the Peace Corps after high school. I have already looked up all of the information, and it looks perfect for me. The website described a volunteer as somebody who is "patient, flexible, and kind," and who wants to "help others and connect with other cultures." Which is a pretty good description of me- at least, the new me! I have been smiling so much more recently and I've been much more social and caring- in fact, a couple of my friends joke around that I am their mom because I've become so concerned with their well being. It just seems to me that I would be perfect for the Corps. Plus, that's just one more experience to say I had!
Done with that chatter about what's going to happen a year from now- I'm more concerned with what will happen a month from now. I want to go to the gulf to help clean animals who got screwed over in the spill. I'm not sure if they will let me, since I am only seventeen, but I am still trying to find a group or an organization that I can sign up with. Even if I can't go all the way to Florida, Louisiana, or any of those other states, I can still help out here in the city I'm in- I'm looking up the women's shelter and Habitat for Humanity to find some stuff to do over the summer. On top of that, I'm getting scar revision and I'm going to Portland to check out my college! Whew! Busy summer. But I think that in the end, it'll be worth it.
Anyway, farewell. Knowing me I'll probably be writing another entry not to long from now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment