Thursday, October 07, 2010

Hello Kitty Is My Thinspo

I've gotten so caught up in my weight loss, I've forgotten what I'm trying to convey in this blog. To make up for it, I'll share this quote with you-

"Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I’d always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless."

Be the weight that's healthy for you. I have a few more lbs. to lose, yeah...but am I aiming for 115 lbs? No. I'm aiming for 145 lbs. That's what I want. Some people think that's fat, but that's just the size that I want to be.

I don't believe in being happy with being over weight. Being 15 or 20 lbs. over weight is NOT healthy, just as being 15 lbs. underweight is not. Eat healthy and exercise...but if you do those things and you're still not skinny, it's not the end of the world. That's just what I think. Maybe a little hypocritical, but you know what...whatever. I'm a hypocrite. Deal with it.
www.hellokittyismythinspo.com
(great site!)

So, following this same thread, I have decided to make some resolutions.
1) I will not indulge in "thinspo." It's just crushing myself esteem, and it directly breaks rule #2...
2) I will stop comparing myself to others. Everybody is different.
3) I will lose however much or little weight as I desire. 150, 145, 140. Whatever.
4) I will not "binge" and "purge." I will not overeat and then compensate by fasting.

I will, however, continue on my intermittent fasting plan. I DO still want to lose 5 or so lbs. So, still wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment